The Chancellor’s changes to tax and benefits mean the poorest working families will lose on average £460 a year, while the richest homes will be £670 better off, the TUC union has claimed. The union’s research examined average impacts across all UK households of the changes made in the July…
Welcome to Tax Confidential
The No.1 site for insight and information on tax.
If you’re a contractor who gets paid through a limited company as a way of paying less tax, you’ll soon be in for a shock. Under new dividend tax rules announced in the July budget, self-employed contractors will have to pay an extra £2,000 in tax for an £80,000 contract.…
HMRC’s powers to dig the dirt on you are set to rocket. The taxman’s software – called ‘Connect’ – already has the capability to trawl through billions of items of personal financial information from dozens of sources in its quest to find unpaid tax. And soon the software will have…
More middle-income families could face a Child Benefit tax charge following this year’s emergency Budget, according to NFU Mutual. The financial services company has said that the Chancellor could reduce the Child Benefit threshold to bring it into line with higher rate income tax. Child Benefit tax charge currently starts…
The Chancellor’s changes to tax and benefits mean the poorest working families will lose on average £460 a year, while the richest…
If you’re a contractor who gets paid through a limited company as a way of paying less tax, you’ll soon be in…
HMRC’s powers to dig the dirt on you are set to rocket. The taxman’s software – called ‘Connect’ – already has the…
- Budget: behind the headlines
- Dividends shakeup - how will it affect you?
- Company tax avoidance crackdown
- Pension changes - What you need to know
- Non-dom? act now
- Is your tax return useless?
- How to counter the erosion of your nest egg
- Protect yourself with a Power of Attourney
- Contracting in IT: part three
- Court cases and implications
- Tory Victory: tax lowdown
- Charity tax relief
- Auto-enrolment pensions
- Inherited ISAs
- Retirement? don't retire your business
- Election casualties: Inheritance Tax? Non-doms?
- Is buy-to-let a tax-efficient way to use your pension?
- Are you entitled to stamp duty compensation?
- Retirement checklist: 10 essentials
- Where to pay less tax on your pension
- Pension Focus
- Tax evasion - are we all at it
- RTI penalties to hit small business owners
- What can your accountant do for you?
- Protect yourself against tax investigations
- HMRC consultations
- Pension Tax
- ISAs - how to maximise your tax-free investing
- Director rewards
- New to self-employment
- EU VAT MOSS
- Make your pension work down the gernations
- New Year, new company car?
- Top tips for your Self-Assessment return
- Tax Changes: Scotland spotlight
- Are you next on the Taxman's hitlist?
- HMRC admits miscalculating tax bills
- Free advice to qualify for Fair Tax Mark
- Tax Inspection survival guide
- Planning for retirement? Act now